GnuCash Mobile: Android and iPhone (iOS)

rafast elrafasan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:28:14 EST 2016

I love GnuCash. I've been using it for years now. I've reading some questions
about a way to use it in Android and without hesitation I think the best
option is *Financisto*. It is like a replica of GNUCash right in your
Android. You just need to export as qif and GnuCash will do the rest
(assuming you have the same accounts, but it is really configurable).

Now I switched to an iPhone some days ago. The only app I miss: Financisto
(to record my transactions for GnuCash). The best app I've found so far for
iOS is iQif. I have just completed some tests so far and it is great, you
can export to it your categories and accounts. And then you can export to
GnuCash your transactions without any hassle. The only thing that is not
great is that you are not able to see the balance right in your phone (as in
Financisto) but I still think it is a great way to record your transactions
on the way using an iPhone.

Financisto is free, although once you try it you will want to buy the donate
version (which doesn't add any feature, just a feeling of retribution for
the awesome work).

iQif costs MXN 17, that I assume is USD 1. But it is worthy. It made my day.

Let me know if you have a good option for iOS. (I tried pocket money,
account tracker, money pro free, chackbook, and myaccountbook with no
success).