Keep Search Results Open Across Restarts

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Tue Mar 1 20:24:47 EST 2016

Hi All,
  I would like to use a particular set of search criteria over and over again from one restart to the next. Unfortunately, although the register tabs stay open from one restart to the next, the search results tabs close automatically. How do I keep a search results tab open?

  The reason I need to do this is for printing checks. My folks like to enter Print in the num field as the generate checks and then print them all at once. As I understand it, the only way to print multiple checks from GnuCash is by creating a search that collects those transactions in a search result. Fortunately, the search results are live, so they change as I enter and change the transactions. If the search results would stay open through a restart, everything would be golden.

Thanks,
John