Transaction matching documentation

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 19:35:50 EST 2016

David,
With regard to the documentation, I don't believe they're is much--certainly not as to details of how the matcher makes its decisions on matching. Input from people who use and figure out these features is how we get our documentation.
As to your request for a window that allows manual matching, I believe that this already exists. That window with the A+R+U column allows you to edit the mappings by double clicking any particular transaction and changing its mapping. Indeed, that is how the Bayesian matcher learns, I believe.
David T.

  On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 19:18, David Solet<dsolet at gmail.com> wrote:   I have not been able to find the kind of user documentation for the generic
transaction matching utility that I'd like to have. I've looked at the
Online Banking documentation page but I still have questions, e.g., what
the A and R checkboxes mean and their actions, what changing the thresholds
will do. What I'd really like to see during a QFX file import is all or
most transactions that gnucash thinks is a match displayed in the match
box, so that I can manually decide what to do with each. Thanks for any
information or referral.

David