entries into register won't record

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 07:49:43 EST 2016

    I am coming into this thread very late so I do not know whether someone has already asked whether you are saving your .gnucash data file in a normal place where you keep other documents that you may edit?
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
------ Original message------From: Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2016 2:35 AMTo: Colin Law;Cc: GNU Cash User;Subject:Re: entries into register won't record
Thanks for the links Colin, I'll take a good read at some point.I've got the latest version on windows and still see the issue, to a lesser extent.  When I try to edit a scheduled event (e.g. the rent has gone up since I created the schedule), I can modify the transaction as needed, but it won't save.  I haven't had the issue with new transactions since getting it running on windows.  so my question until I get GC installed in ubuntu is how to edit a scheduled transaction.Many thanksAndyOn 2016-02-28 15:49, Colin Law wrote:> On 28 February 2016 at 08:13,   wrote:>> I've done some further investigation which brings me to two questions:>> >> 1)  I've opened my datafile in gc for windows - 2.6.11 which gives me >> the>> same error.  From that I conclude the problem isn't due to the old >> version>> of GC.  Is that fair?  Any suggestions how to get things working?  >> There>> seems to be no pattern to which entries I can or cannot enter.>> >> 2) Is there a step by step guide to compiling Gnucash on Ubuntu - or >> at>> least some reading material someone could point me to?  It's nothing>> something I've done before but I'm keen to learn. I'm reasonably up to >> speed>> runnign from the command prompt but could do with a compiler's guide. >> ( I>> realise that's probably not one for here, but any pointers to helpful >> sites>> would be appreciated.)> > There are quite detailed instructions on the wiki but they may be a> little out of date [1].  They won't be far off though.  However if you> just want the latest build then get it from getdeb. See [2] for doing> that.> > [1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building> [2] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu> > Colin_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.