Unexpected Revert Behavior

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 17:45:37 EST 2016

Cheryl,

I’d have to say, probably “Yes.”

As in, I believe that the Revert feature closes a file and then initiates the Open command (which is intended design), but that the program assumes a single opened file, and thus that Revert can therefore assume that GnuCash’s default Open command (which automatically opens the last file accessed) will result in the correct file being reopened. SInce you had most recently opened file B, the Revert function on file A would invoke the Open on the last opened file (file B). I imagine that if you were to open file A, and then file B, and then revert file B, it would do what you expect.

It might be nice to have the Revert command re-programmed to track which file is being reverted and then reopen that file, but realistically, it’s a pretty rare circumstance, and probably wouldn’t garner a lot of developer interest, unless it were a trivial change to code.

Not speaking as a programmer or accountant, or anything else, of course. YMMV, etc. and so on.

David