Reminder invoices on unpaid accounts

David Lark david at davidlark.net
Wed Mar 16 05:17:28 EDT 2016

Fellow GC users:

When a customer account is not paid in full, I have the need to send an
additional monthly invoice. This invoice would ideally take the
following form:

  * New line items (posted to accounts receivable).
  * Subtotal for the above.
  * + Amount due from previous invoice(s).
  * - Payments received.
  * + Interest on unpaid balance (posted to A/R).
  * = Total due now.

Just creating a new invoice with the past due amount entered as a line
item would result in the past due amount showing up twice in A/R. The
only way I can think of to do this is to create the invoice, and negate
the original amount in a subaccount, perhaps called "Delinquency
Rollover" or some such.

It seems as if the A/R capabilities of GC aren't quite there yet. Or
perhaps my brain is what is missing some features. How do you deal with
this situation? All ideas will be welcome.

David