Two real-live bank accounts in GnuCash

nathaniel courtens courtens at poweryourpoint.com
Tue Mar 29 10:49:39 EDT 2016

    You got it almost right.

    Remove the 500 that is not part of the transaction and you will end
    up with -/+500 and not 0

    I hope this helps

    On 3/29/2016 4:48 AM, lugge [via
      GnuCash] wrote:

     Hi there,

      I have an account in GnuCash with represents my giro bank account.

      I can get all my transactions into GnuCash via onlinebanking
      interface (AqBanking), thus, I don't need to type them all by
      myself.

      Because all transactions in GnuCash needs a "to/from"-account, all
      transactions are mirrored in an "Unbalanced" account.

      I have to go into my giro account and set the proper to/from
      account by hand.

      This way, I split my transactions into subcategories, like
      "expenses:loan", "expenses:living", "expenses:sports"...

      My expenses:loan account for example only has debits because every
      month there is a transaction from giro to loan, each of size, say,
      500€ for example.

      Now it's getting complicated (at least, for me).

      I have a second real-live bank account which reflects my loan.

      Now I'd like to add this account into GnuCash.

      I now have to bank accounts in one GnuCash file.

      When I update my transactions via AqBanking, I have a 500€ credit
      in one account and a 500€ debit in another account.

      But, GnuCash doesn't know this transactions are related!

      Sure, I can set the to/from in both accounts to my "virtual" loan
      account in GnuCash.

      But this will end up the loan account always showing 0€.

      Because for every +500€, there will be a -500€ transaction,
      resulting in a sum of 0€.

      I'm not sure if I'm using GnuCash correctly.

      How do you manage two (or more) real-live bank accounts in GnuCash
      which share transactions?

      Do you connect them via a "virtual" account in GnuCash?

      I'm not good in booking, is it OK for the virtual account to
      always show 0€?

      Greetings, lugge

        If you reply to this email, your
          message will be added to the discussion below:
        http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Two-real-live-bank-accounts-in-GnuCash-tp4684005.html

        To unsubscribe from GnuCash - User, click
          here .
        NAML