modifying invoice.scm in gnucash 2.6.11

wwhk10 wwhk10 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 06:15:32 EDT 2016

I tested it by modifying Hello-world.scm in c:\program
files\gnucash\share\gnucash\scm\gnucash\report.

I added the word 'hello.' before 'This is a sample...'.  The line reads as
follows:

      (gnc:html-document-add-object!
       document
       (gnc:make-html-text
        (gnc:html-markup-p
         (gnc:html-markup/format
          (_ "hello.  This is a sample GnuCash report. \
See the guile (scheme) source code in the scm/report directory \
for details on writing your own reports, \
or extending existing reports.")))
        (gnc:html-markup-p
         (gnc:html-markup/format
          (_ "For help on writing reports, or to contribute your brand \
new, totally cool report, consult the mailing list %s.")
          (gnc:html-markup-anchor
           "mailto:gnucash-devel at gnucash.org"
           (gnc:html-markup-tt "gnucash-devel at gnucash.org")))
         (_ "For details on subscribing to that list, see
<http://www.gnucash.org/>.")

But 'hello' does not show up before 'This is a sample...'  when I bring up
the report in Gnucash.  I restarted Gnucash after making the changes.
What's wrong?