GnuCash Not Happy With External File Renaming

Don Ireland gnucash at donireland.com
Sun May 1 17:51:44 EDT 2016

What you're describing could easily be handled via SAVE AS.

1) Open Stable (or if you already have it open save it so you don't lose any info you've entered since it was last saved).

2)Save As Experimental

3) Do your tests.

4) Once you are satisfied with your new method(s), go back to Stable and make any desired changes resulting from your new method(s).

5) Save Stable.

6) Delete Experimental if you like - Stable was your most recent file opened.

But do these opens via the gnuCash Open dialog.