How do TURN OFF: double clicking transaction DURING RECONCILE goes to split ledger

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:18:16 EDT 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 13:14, ed65love <ed65love at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't see that, when I double click in the reconcile window it does
>> not show a split register, it shows it in single line mode.  This is
>> using gnucash 2.6.12 on Ubuntu.  What version are you using and on
>> which OS?
>>
>> If you double click in the reconcile window, and then on the register
>> click the Split button in the toolbar what happens?
>
> Ok, this is weird. I'm using 2.6.11 under Windows 8.1

You said you were using the latest version, which is 2.6.12.  I don't
know whether anything has been done in that area.

> When I reconcile one account, it shows single line mode, but when I
> reconcile a different account, it shows split ledger mode.
>
> I can't tell what the difference between the two accounts is.
>
> I've tried double clicking on debits and credits, and they behave the
> same way.
>
> This is seriously confusing!

Is it which account that matters or which individual transaction?

True.  You did not say what happens if you click the Split button on
the toolbar when it has opened in split mode.

Colin