Reports crashing

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:09:07 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 2:58 AM, Bernd Jansons <bernd at berndjansons.com>
wrote:

> The reason I'm assuming gnucash requires firefox plugins is when I run it
> via the terminal and request a report (any report) the program crashes with
> messages indicating it requires
> usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-mully-plugin.so. A Google check indicates
> this is a Firefox plugin. Output from apt-cache policy gnucash is ...
>

> gnucash:
>   Installed: 1:2.6.12-1
>   Candidate: 1:2.6.12-1
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:2.6.12-1 500
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/universe i386 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Bernd

So it does look like you're using the official Ubuntu package for xenial.

GnuCash does NOT depend upon Firefox, but it does use ...uh... webkit? to
display the reports, and maybe webkit is pointing to whatever plugins it
sees in Firefox.

Could you please copy and paste the exact crashing messages to the list?
The libtotem-mully-plugin.so error is probably a "red herring."

Of course, if you ARE also having a problem running FireFox, that might
indicate there are other problems since your upgrade -- maybe some of the
packages didn't finish upgrading successfully. You might look in your
upgrade log to see if there are some errors, OR open a terminal and issue
the usual

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and look for error messages.