New User Trouble With Transaction Downloading

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:01:09 EDT 2016

I'm working on migrating from Quicken on Win7 to gnucash on Kubuntu and
finally have the gc accounts organized and all the "crimes" I committed in
Quicken corrected, so now I'm trying to get transaction downloading to work.

Perhaps I picked a hard one to start, but I have to start somewhere...

I used the AqBanking Setup Wizard in gc to pull down the accounts from
Edward Jones.  This verified that I had my password correct and confirmed
that I could download my account numbers.

I found ofx-ba.py on the web (at
stuffbillhasdone.blogspot.com/search/label/ofx-ba.py) and adapted it to
work with my Edward Jones account using these parameters:

FID:   "823"
ORG: "Edward Jones"

Sadly, all I get using ofx-ba.py are error messages reporting "The
requested URL was rejected.", etc.

I have compared a log of the AqBanking transaction request for accounts
with a log of the ofx-ba.py version and do not see anything amiss, unless
the fact that the one that works specifies <CLTCOOKIE>1 and the other
specifies <CLTCOOKIE>4 is important.

The only other possibility I can come up with is that the ofx-ba.py call to
urllib2.urlopen(request) is failing to send the transaction via https://
and sending it unencrypted, but I don't know how to test for this or how to
fix it.

Craig.