GNUCash Documentation vs. actual Transaction Screen heading discrepency (deposit vs increase)

Don Ireland gnucash at donireland.com
Fri May 6 05:34:47 EDT 2016

I don't have gnuCash open to look at it but I believe it depends on the type of account the transaction is talking about.

An EXPENSE or ASSET account doesn't have 'deposits' & 'withdrawals'.  It has 'increases' & 'decreases' but a bank account has 'deposits' & 'withdrawals'.  I'm not talking about whether the account is a sub-account of assets or not.  But the actual account TYPE.