A newbie Q - Buying back liability at a discount

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:39:41 EDT 2016

The "non-traditional" GnuCash labels can get confusing when dealing with
splits. The credit column is labeled "increase" in liability accounts, but
may be labeled as 'decrease' or 'withdrawal' in asset accounts. As such, I
prefer to use the traditional names when talking about splits. Regardless
of label, the left column is 'debit', and the right column is 'credit'.

In your entry, the first line of the split (decrease liability) is in the
left column, the other two are in the right column, correct?

And it's 'enlightened one', I believe, not 'wise' :-)