Reports from more than one account?

Lewis Balentine lewis at keywild.com
Thu May 12 08:41:20 EDT 2016

You can instructions for using SQLite to extract data (create reports)
on my web page for GNUCash stuff:
http://www.keywild.com/gnucash/

I have added a section for joining tables and running JOB reports ...
however at this point it only contains the SQLCode.
There is also a sample database named 'bogus-sql3.gnucash' that includes
a few JOBS records.

The following SQLite3 code has been tested and verified:

-- list all fields for all jobs
select * from jobs;

-- list the job id of active jobs
select distinct owner_guid from jobs where active !=0;

-- list customer's id, company and contact name for customers with
active jobs
Select customers.id as "Cust ID", customers.name as "Descr",
customers.addr_name as "name"
from customers
where customers.guid in (select distinct owner_guid from jobs where
active !=0);

-- implicityly join customers and jobs tables
Select customers.id, customers.name, customers.addr_name, jobs.id,
jobs.name, jobs.reference
from customers, jobs where customers.guid = jobs.owner_guid
and customers.guid in (select distinct owner_guid from jobs where
owner_type=2);

-- List all active customer job data ordered by the job number
Select
jobs.active, jobs.id as "Job No",
jobs.name as "Descr", jobs.reference "Ref PO",
customers.id as "Cust Id", customers.name as "Dscr", customers.addr_name
as "Name"
from customers, jobs where customers.guid = jobs.owner_guid
and customers.guid in
(select distinct owner_guid from jobs where active !=0
  and owner_type=2
)
and jobs.active !=0
order by jobs.id;

-- List all active vendor job data ordered by the job number
Select
jobs.id as "Job No",
jobs.name as "Descr", jobs.reference "Ref PO",
vendors.id as "Vend Id", vendors.name as "Dscr", vendors.addr_name as
"Name"
from vendors, jobs where vendors.guid = jobs.owner_guid
and vendors.guid in
(select distinct owner_guid from jobs where active !=0
  and owner_type=4
)
and jobs.active !=0
order by jobs.id;