Possible crash problem with Price Editor on MacOS X

mjchang at ix.netcom.com mjchang at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 16 00:47:52 EDT 2016

Greetings,

Just downloaded GnuCash 2.6.12 (This copy was built from rev ed11f6d+ on 2016-04-26) for MacOS X. Running it 10.9.5 (Mavericks).
I've been using the Price Editor for a long time for custom pricing and found that I wasn't able to add any new price entry to my existing securities. Trying it in a new account resulted in a consistent crash.

Reproduction steps.
Create a new file.
Create a new security (name Atest) belonging to Namespace TEST.
Use the Price Editor to add a value to Atest.
Add the value 10 for today. Click Apply. Click OK - watch it crash.

Also I just downloaded 2.6.12 from sourceforge for the Mac on 10.11.4 (El Capitan) (different laptop) and was able to reproduce.
Just reaching out to confirm this behavior or its just me (or perhaps the sourceforge distribution)

Thanks.

Morrison