Problem posting an international trnsaction

Ruth Morley morley.ruth at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:34:12 EDT 2016

I am trying to post a transaction showing the movement of money between my
US and French accounts. The US is in USD and the French account is in euros.
I enter the transaction in my US bank account ..and enter the Transfer with
the address of my french account.
All goes well..I am asked for a currency conversion rate, give it and the
transaction is posted corrected as a withdrawal from the US account.
however in the French account the transaction is a charge rather than
income.
Two questions
The US bank account is set up as an account under Current assets...the
French under French Current Assets..is there a reason that one shows up
with deposits and withdrawals while the French shows up as charges and
income..I think this may be the root of my problem.