Problem posting an international trnsaction

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:39:14 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Ruth Morley <morley.ruth at gmail.com> wrote:

> The US bank account is set up as an account under Current assets...the
> French under French Current Assets..is there a reason that one shows up
> with deposits and withdrawals while the French shows up as charges and
> income..I think this may be the root of my problem.

Yes, I think this is the root of your problem. It sounds like the account
type is incorrect on one or both of the accounts. In the chart of accounts,
right click one of the accounts and select "Edit Account". Ensure the
account type is correct (Asset should be fine, or you can choose one of the
specializations like Bank Account, etc.). Do the same for the other
account.