TD Ameritrade Online Banking Downloading

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Wed May 25 00:54:30 EDT 2016

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 3:41 PM, Michael Carpino <mfcarpino at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I running GnuCash 2.6.12 on Windows 10 and I am unable to download my
> transaction from TD Ameritrade. I keep getting a 400 error.  When I setup
> the online banking the accounts loaded correctly and I connected fine but
> every time I try to download my transaction I keep receiving a message that
> there isn't anything to download when in fact there is.  Does anyone know
> how to correct my issue?  Or is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mike

Connecting still works for me from Gnucash 2.6.11 on a Mac or using ofx.py independent of Gnucash.

You are using your TDA account number as ID and PIN as the password, right? (not the website login credentials).

I’m still using the same settings I’ve been using for 10+ years, which include:
  <ORG>Ameritrade
  <FID>5024
But when I logged in to TDA via Quicken 2016 for Mac, the OFX.log file says they’re using:
   <ORG>Intuit
   <FID>7768

So TDA’s relationship with Quicken has changed. And Quicken’s authentication requirements are much stricter than they were even two months ago. Now you have to enter an extra token (in addition to logging into your Intuit.com account) at least every 2 weeks, or you can’t connect to any online banking capabilities. Intuit sends the extra token via email or presumably text message (I haven’t given Intuit a phone number…) when you try to log into your Intuit account. And it won’t be long, I fear, before there will be no more ofx.log — most of Quicken’s connections run through mint.finance.intuit.com via json instead of any recognizable ofx connection (at least on the new Mac version. Maybe they’re making us guinea pigs.)

Quicken still gives you a 60 day money back trial period. It only took me 2 days to confirm that things are still getting worse.

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com