How to un-reconcile an account?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Nov 5 16:44:34 EDT 2016

For posterity -

1. I started at the bottom of my register, and just clicked on the "y" in
the reconcile (R), column, and the "y" became a "n". If you start in the
middle of the register, you get a "c", and I am not sure how that will
impact this process.

2. After "un-reconciling" all the transactions in the two accounts, I fixed
the incorrect transactions and added back in the ones I had deleted.

3. I then started from the top, and reconciled each month in order from the
beginning of the account. It all reconciled, and now all is good with the
world!

I first tried just adding in the deleted and missing transactions and then
re-reconciling the month with the problems, and I could not get the account
to reconcile because it had a huge negative starting balance. I was not
sure what to do with that, so I performed the steps above and everything is
now as it should be.

Thanks for all your help!!

Mark