OFX import problem

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Nov 5 23:13:08 EDT 2016

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 12:43:07 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 12:34:49 +1100
> Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 12:05:27 +1100
> > Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I have several accounts with the same financial institution. Some
> > > OFX downloads import and others don't.
> > > This is a failing account import.
> > > I see that there are a lot of items which the OFX importer is not
> > > handling, and present them for comment (and assistance)
> > >
> > > Liz
> > >

> > Just to add to confusion
> > If I try to import this file into another Gnucash set of books it
> > offers to import....
> >
> > Now where do I look for the problem??
> >

> More input....
> Where I have already downloaded one of these OFX files into a set of
> accounts that set of accounts baulks at another download for that
> account.
> Same OFX file in another set of accounts will offer to import....
> I've tried a few times across my 4 sets of Gnucash accounts

Essential missing info
Debian
GnuCash 2.6.13
This copy was built from rev 6fe4b8f+ on 2016-07-03.

and....
history wise
my credit union merged with another bigger one, so we went to their
financial software. So I have downloads from a "new" financial
institution. I can't tell exactly when this broke, whether it broke at
the time of change or with an update of Gnucash.