OFX import problem

david.carlson.417 david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:20:26 EDT 2016

Liz,
What you are seeing is mostly arising from the fact that that the OFX importer checks a transaction identification number that the financial institution assigns to each transaction in the OFX file and only accepts that transaction once into a given data file.
It is possible that your financial institution assigned the same number to transactions in different accounts, but they are not supposed to do that according to the OFX definition.
It is more likely that you lost track of which import file was imported to which data file..
I have four accounts at my bank and I always get all four in the same OFX download with no confusion except that the importer does not show which transaction is going to which account, but after it is done it is always right.
David C

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone