OFX import problem

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Nov 6 01:45:02 EDT 2016

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 00:20:26 -0500
"david.carlson.417" <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Liz,
> What you are seeing is mostly arising from the fact that that the OFX
> importer checks a transaction identification number that the
> financial institution assigns to each transaction in the OFX file and
> only accepts that transaction once into a given data file. It is
> possible that your financial institution assigned the same number to
> transactions in different accounts, but they are not supposed to do
> that according to the OFX definition. It is more likely that you lost
> track of which import file was imported to which data file.. I have
> four accounts at my bank and I always get all four in the same OFX
> download with no confusion except that the importer does not show
> which transaction is going to which account, but after it is done it
> is always right. David C

thanks for the ideas - there is no way i have lost track of which
import file was imported to which data file.
I have got all the downloads in separate data files.
They come as the same name, but renaming the files doesn't make a
difference.

Is the transaction identification number <FITID> ??
I see those starting at 1 in each of two different account files.

eg
<BANKTRANLIST>
<DTSTART>20160908
<DTEND>20161106235959