OFX import problem

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 09:46:08 EST 2016

    Liz
Yes.  When the fitid is duplicated GnuCash considers the transaction to be a duplicate.  I have not tested if that applies to multiple accounts.  Files from my bank work fine as I reported before.
There has been some noise recently about some banks not following the rules and their files do not import well.  Maybe that is what you are seeing.
My spell checker on this tablet changes words and sometimes makes them wrong.  If I failed to correct any...
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: LizDate: Sun, Nov 6, 2016 1:07 AMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: OFX import problem
On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 00:20:26 -0500"david.carlson.417"  wrote:>     > Liz,> What you are seeing is mostly arising from the fact that that the OFX> importer checks a transaction identification number that the> financial institution assigns to each transaction in the OFX file and> only accepts that transaction once into a given data file. It is> possible that your financial institution assigned the same number to> transactions in different accounts, but they are not supposed to do> that according to the OFX definition. It is more likely that you lost> track of which import file was imported to which data file.. I have> four accounts at my bank and I always get all four in the same OFX> download with no confusion except that the importer does not show> which transaction is going to which account, but after it is done it> is always right. David Cthanks for the ideas - there is no way i have lost track of whichimport file was imported to which data file. I have got all the downloads in separate data files.They come as the same name, but renaming the files doesn't make adifference.Is the transaction identification number  ??I see those starting at 1 in each of two different account files.eg2016090820161106235959CREDIT201611012.951Interest CreditDEBIT20161101-1.002IB External Transfer Fee_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.