OFX import problem

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sun Nov 6 17:43:52 EST 2016

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 07:03:41 -0800
> From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: OFX import problem
>

> > On Nov 5, 2016, at 10:45 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> >
> > Is the transaction identification number <FITID> ??
> > I see those starting at 1 in each of two different account files.
>
> Liz,
>
> Yes, <FITID> is the transaction id and it must be unique within the
account. It
> appears that the new merged CU has reset the FITID counter on you; it
> seems quite possible that you already had an FITID=1 in the account from
the
> pre-merger CU. That would stop GnuCash from importing the new
> transactions because it would think that it has already imported them. Try
> creating a new account and transferring the balance from the old one to
it.
> You'll have to re-train the matcher.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi Liz,

John's solution may be best but if you don't want to start using a new bank
account, some other possibilities are
1) Download in csv or qif format if available from your bank (csv and qif do
not have an FITID).
2) Use my java program (no mods needed) to add the transaction date and
amount to the FITID before importing.
See IngAusOfxFix at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Published_tools
If java is too much trouble and you don't know awk, let me know and I'll do
an awk script for you to do the same thing.

Regards, Chris Good