Fighting with gnucash

Anita Graves anitagraves at icloud.com
Thu Nov 10 10:11:53 EST 2016

Help!!!  I am a beginner trying to set up a new account tree and have these problems:

1.  It is a read-only file now (don’t know what I did but unchecked the placeholder things a bzillion times)

As I understand it correctly or not, there are only two placeholder accounts:  Asset and Liability

2.  I cannot enter the opening balances of cash on hand or checking account.

Help!!

Thanks,
Anita Graves

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.’ ~Victor Frankl