Unreconcile Bank Transactions

EasyGoingPat patrickskelton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:37:11 EST 2016

Thank you for that information, David.  I will check out that link, as I'd
like to know as much as possible about how accounting in general and GnuCash
in particular work.

Actually, I think I may be able to leave my accounts the way they are.  The
mistake I have made (repeatedly) is to list cash withdrawn from the business
against the Owner's Equity account.  This means that my Profit & Loss
statement for the given period shows no drawings.  I have just read in an
accounting book that normal practise is to list cash withdrawn as an
Expense-Drawings and then at the end of the financial period to transfer
this to a debit against Owner's Equity.

Does this sound right?  If it is then I can simply leave things the way they
are and accept that there is an error in the Profit and Loss for the period.

If I can get away with this then there is no need for me to go through all
the transactions, changing the debit account for each one.

- Patrick