Unreconcile Bank Transactions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 11:54:04 EST 2016

Pat,

First off, welcome. Second RDWHAHB (to crib from another DIY community).

Third, what problem exactly are you trying to fix? If you entered wrong numbers of some transactions, it is not (necessarily) a daunting task to fix. Go ahead and change them, ignoring the nag message. (You can tell GnuCash not to notify you of these changes every single time you do this by ticking the "Do not remind me again this session” option). When you believe that you have the right information in, you can take your latest statement, and re-reconcile the account, paying NO ATTENTION to the opening balance. Just make sure you have the right date and ending balance entered. In the Reconcile window, make sure you check off every transaction, including the ones you modified, and it should all come out at the end. (if it doesn’t, you’ll have to dig through and figure out what else is wrong).

You should definitely check out:

www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/txns-reconcile1.html <http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/txns-reconcile1.html>

That’s the GnuCash Tutorial and Concepts Guide section on reconciliation. It explains a bit of what is going on there, and whay to do in a number of different situations.

HTH,
David