Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 06:25:48 EST 2016

Yep, here's the problem as highlighted above.

>From the stock account i.e XYZ stock I have a purchase of 75 shares on
1/10/14 at $5

..then a sale of XYX but only 50 shares say $6 - selecting a new lot then
adding in the appropriate purchase lot of 75 shares, hit the 'scrub'
function which generates a separate sale of 75 shares.

Doing a partial sale of a larger purchase is very common due to the way
electronic trading works, sometimes you are unable to sell the full amount
at your desired price leaving you with a residual amount.

It works fins on a straight scrub of one lot against the other of equal
amounts, all that's needed then is to allocate from the orphaned account if
you wish to do so.

My earlier question on viewing lots might seem a bit daft, but tbh I have
never really made it that far before this conundrum - David