Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 04:17:12 EST 2016

Thanks David for the comprehensive reply. Having revisited my old stock
entries with a view to continuing I seem to recall the problem, that is the
orphaned amount left in shares after offsetting a partial sale.

Here's a rough example:

Lot 1 is for the purchase of 100 shares in eBay, you then sell 50 shares
leaving an ongoing balance from Lot 1 of 50 shares - this from memory caused
a problem further down the line.

What i can do is start from scratch deleting old capital gain/loss entries
using the Lots method to see of any issues still remain, I can of course
report back if that would be helpful.

Is it possible to view the 'Lots' as transactions, i.e a list once they have
been scrubbed to see what's has been offset against what, perhaps it's there
just need to experiment a bit. Last thing, can the lot numbers be added to
the register 'num' column, again to help see individual lots - this would be
useful where you have multiple purchases of the same amount, say 100 shares
over and over - Cheers,

David Carlson-4 wrote