Any suggestions for UK businesses - program seems quite American

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 08:23:38 EST 2016

On 26 November 2016 at 13:11, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

At Sat, 26 Nov 2016 01:37:05 +0000 drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk wrote:

> You just to talk to your accountant about your account *structure*, not
> about
> the software to implement it.  GnuCash can implement any account structure
> you
> like.

OK, I will do that. I will tell him however that I intend using GnuCash,
and my reasons. Perhaps I can encourage him to start recommending it for
small businesses.

I know when I was looking for an accountant, I contacted several. I
eventually chose one who lives in my village, on the basis it might be
easier to deal with someone local. But I can see that an accountant that
says

"I will recommend you use GnuCash, as its free, and will remain free, and
does not have your confidential data stored on a remote computer that can
be hacked. "

would be of some comfort. Of course, it relies on someone backing their own
computer up, but I'm pretty IT literate myself.

Dave