How useful is this 2011 book on GnuCash 2.4? Is it too old to be useful?

Seeker seeker5528 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 15:28:00 EST 2016

On 11/25/2016 5:03 PM, Dr. David Kirkby - Kirkby Microwave Ltd  wrote:
> I much prefer a paper manual to pdf files. I know the 2.6 documentation
> can be bought as books, and I might well do that, but I see this book too
>

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gnucash-2-4-Small-Business-Accounting/dp/1849513864
>

> Is it useful, or too old to be useful? I don't know how much the
> software has changed in those 5 years.

There have been some user interface changes since the book was written.

I started using Gnucash in the Feb/March time frame and also am new to
book keeping in general. Personally the book helped me a lot.

There were some examples in the book where I had to figure out the
differences in UI, typically by using the menus to get to some things
instead of the way shown in affected examples.

Did not go all the way through the book beginning to end, in particular
the parts about preparing things for an accountant. With the end of the
year coming up so that is soon on my agenda.

Later, Seeker