How useful is this 2011 book on GnuCash 2.4? Is it too old to be useful?

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 23:37:15 EST 2016

I have the book as a Kindle e-book. From what I read of it, it's OK. I
skipped the parts I don't need now (i.e., most of it, including most of the
business features).

My sense of it is that there's nothing in the book that isn't available for
free on the web, but the book is convenient and reasonably well-organized.
It has been a while, so I can't recall any inconsistencies between the book
and the latest version of GnuCash, but I wouldn't be surprised if there
were some minor differences. As usual, the Kindle version is a bit ugly,
with bad line breaks and so on, no doubt depending on the screen size
parameters.

An update or a new book would be better, but the odds of that in the short
term are slim, in my opinion.