How useful is this 2011 book on GnuCash 2.4? Is it too old to be useful?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 21:10:18 EST 2016

On 26 Nov 2016 01:03, "Dr. David Kirkby - Kirkby Microwave Ltd" <
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> I much prefer a paper manual to pdf files. I know the 2.6 documentation
can be bought as books, and I might well do that, but I see this book too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gnucash-2-4-Small-Business-Accounting/dp/1849513864

> Is it useful, or too old to be useful?

Following the comments by others,  I decided to buy the book.  I am quite
impressed.

One thing I thought was going to be annoying in GnuCash is the
layout/wording of the invoice. The one I produced while messing around,
with the comment "Thank you for your patronage", seemed very annoying to me
- perhaps because I am English.It so happened that as soon as I unwrapped
the book, it opened on a page showing a much better layout and the word
"patronage" not there.

For me personally,  it looks good. I would much rather a paper book I can
read in bed, than having to use HTML/PDF documentation, despite the paper
book is almost certainly going to be based around an older version of the
software.

Dave.