Storing/viewing transaction times in gnucash?

gnucash.mexon at spamgourmet.com gnucash.mexon at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 25 07:43:13 EST 2016

I'd like to use gnucash to manage the accounts of my online business.  I
have no experience of accounting.

The first thing I've noticed while playing with it is that everything is
recorded as just dates.  There doesn't seem to be any way to record or
view the time.  My business is 24/7, and most of my sales are outside
business hours.  It's also important to know how long it took for a sale
to be confirmed by the payment processor.  For example if it took one
hour that's a big failure and I need to know that when chasing up the
records.

Looking in SQLite, the dates seem to be stored as UTC YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
values.  That seems to indicate that the capability is there.  It's
unlikely that I'll be entering any transactions by hand, I'll probably
use a system of OFX files.  But I still need to see that data in the
UI.  Is there any way to configure the user interface to show the times?

Assuming not, can anyone suggest an alternative software package that
might suit me better?