Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 20:37:22 EST 2016

David/Chris, all good, thanks for the replies and your patience.

One suggestion if I may perhaps for consideration, when a lot is scrubbed to
produce a capital gain/loss it is the  attributed to the orphaned
gain/account as described. My initial reaction was to amend to the main
parent stockbroker account in order to balance at some point, unfortunately
gains appear as debits and vice versa.

Of course this is easily corrected by entering an opposing debit in the
orphaned account which gives the required stockbroker account credit.

I remember having a similar issue with credit card balances displaying in
reverse, this was overcome by changes the display settings - is this
possible for the orphaned gains/losses category?