Changing the right-most column width

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:50:34 EST 2016

I don't have an issue on Windows 7, 8 or 10 and 2.6.14 making the Balance
column wider that double clicking the column header gives me, although
there's a bit of a trick to it I guess.

I have GnuCash setup so it's not quite full screen - about 2-3 cm's of
screen either side of the GnuCash window on a 23 inch monitor. Then I very
carefully move the cursor to the right hand side of the Balance column
until it changes shape into the vertical double lines with the horizontal
double ended arrow across them - this sometimes takes a bit of trial and
error.

Once it's changed shape I then left click and hold and drag to beyond the
right hand edge of the GnuCash window, which is why you need a bit of
screen space to the right of the GnuCash window.  Then I let go of the
mouse button and double click in the Description column header to size it
back down a bit which pulls back the Balance column to be completely within
the gnucash window.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Dave H.