Query regarding Credit Card entry

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 13:34:52 EDT 2016

Your payment will be from whatever asset account into your credit card account, e.g., $500 from Checking to CCard. You reconcile the checking account to the checking account statement, and the credit card account to the credit card statement. Technically, there is only one transaction, with two separate splits, and when you reconcile, you reconcile splits.

You should check out the Tutorial and Concepts Guide—especially chapter 7 on Credit card accounts, as well as the chapters under Getting Started. I think they will help you understand this better.

David