GNUCASH FIND command doesn't search SPLIT lines

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:24:17 EDT 2016

On 5 October 2016 at 21:15, Paul Kronick <plk3file at verizon.net> wrote:
> Problem with:  GNUCASH v. 2.6.14, built from rev 3e7022b+ on 2016-09-17.
> Computer: Mac OS X v.10.9.5 running on a Mac Mini.
>
> Neither the current version 2.6.14 nor 2.6.4 searches below the main description line of split transactions when I use EDIT>FIND in the main menu.  Reloading the program doesn’t help.  Is there a setting that I don’t know about?  I think it worked OK in the past.

On the find dialog you can specify which fields to search in.  It
defaults to description, it sounds as if you want to select
"Description, Notes, or Memo".  Arguably that should be the default,
certainly that is what I usually use.

Also remember that if you find from an account register it will only
search in that account. For a global search go to the Accounts tab.

Colin