Budgeting/report of current paid expenses for future periods

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 22:54:35 EDT 2016

Hi,
My low tech solution would be to add a code in the memo field for each transaction, e.g. "dc201611", do a find for that code, and create an account transaction report on the result.
Cheers, David T.

  On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 6:42, Steve<butterandsalt at gmail.com> wrote:   Not sure how to explain this so let me give an example...

I do lots of travel and want to keep track/control of how much I'll be
spending per week in the future based on my current outlays.  Sounds simple
enough, but many of my expenses that I incur now, are for a future period in
time.  Example.  If I have a trip to DC planned in 3 weeks and pay for
hotel, etc expenses in advance, eg now, I want a report that shows me how
much I'm spending for that future period, eg per week, not when I actually
paid the expense.  I'm not talking for tax purposes, but for my own record
keeping and budgeting.  Other than keeping a separate excel sheet and
recording the info on that, is there any way I can do that within GnuCash?