Budgeting/report of current paid expenses for future periods

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:42:52 EDT 2016

Not sure how to explain this so let me give an example...

I do lots of travel and want to keep track/control of how much I'll be
spending per week in the future based on my current outlays.  Sounds simple
enough, but many of my expenses that I incur now, are for a future period in
time.  Example.  If I have a trip to DC planned in 3 weeks and pay for
hotel, etc expenses in advance, eg now, I want a report that shows me how
much I'm spending for that future period, eg per week, not when I actually
paid the expense.  I'm not talking for tax purposes, but for my own record
keeping and budgeting.  Other than keeping a separate excel sheet and
recording the info on that, is there any way I can do that within GnuCash?