Gnucash usage and reporting

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Oct 13 11:15:32 EDT 2016

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 12:42 PM, Matrix Treasurer <treasurer at matrixguildvic.org.au> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> After checking the relevant accounting standards again, the accounts involved are as follows, via a journal entry only:
>
> Provision for Building maintenance - expense account - debit
> Building maintenance reserve - liability - credit
>
> Hope this is what you are looking for.

Please remember to copy the list on all replies so that others can participate in the conversation.

I suppose from your description that you've confirmed that Provision for Building maintenance isn't being credited in the closing transaction and that the difference you're reporting is between what you've calculated by hand and the total amount of the expense part of the closing transaction.

Since you're sure that the account type is Expense, the only other item in the function (src/gnome-utils/dialog-close-book.c:close_accounts_cb) that will get an account skipped is having a 0 balance on the day after the closing date. Did you check that the posted date on your provision transaction is on or before the closing date?

Regards,
John Ralls