Granular tracking of reimbursed expenses

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:45:50 EDT 2016

I think you want a Cash Flow Report. Reports -> Income & Expense -> Cash
Flow. In Options -> Accounts, select your Assets:Receivable (and perhaps
click the button to Select Children). In Options -> General, select the
start and end dates. It's best if you can use the drop-down menus to select
current month or current quarter or current accounting period; otherwise
you'll have to edit the start and end dates each time you use the report.

You will have to check that there are no reimbursements from other sources
in the account, or it will affect your subtotals. What I would do is set up
a subaccount of Assets:Receivable for your insurance reimbursable expenses,
then run the report on that subaccount instead of on Assets:Receivable.

When you've set it up the way you like, you can save the report
configuration for easy access.

Edward)