Granular tracking of reimbursed expenses

Macho Philipovich macho at resist.ca
Sun Oct 16 18:44:56 EDT 2016

Thanks!

This gets me immeasurably closer than I was before. Two problems remain,
though.

First, the Cash Flow Report aggregates all the children accounts into
one global sum, and breaks its results down according to the accounts
from which and to which the money came and went. Because I'm always
paying from a single bank account, it ends up in one place, and so
that's not fatal, except that the aggregate sum I end up with doesn't
let me see whether, for example, I exceeded the $750 limit in the
example I gave below on a particular child account. You can only see
whether you exceeded the global cut-off.

Second, although it is possible to get around this by creating a
separate Cash Flow Report for each child account, that seems
unnecessarily complicated and each report largely contains irrelevant
information, with only one line being of interest, and that line is not
particularly obvious to pick out.

I suspect that on the basis of the Cash Flow Report I could code a
single custom report that contains all the information I want (and not
more) if I really had to, but I just want to check with the members of
this list first that there's no out-of-the-box solution that would solve
the problem before I go to the trouble. Please let me know!

Thanks again,

Macho