Advanced Portfolio Report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 13:41:16 EDT 2016

David,

Given your comment, I have modified the Advanced Report description to be a little more accurate.

Certainly, improving how reports handle missing or problematic data is admirable.

However, my goal in editing the wiki is far more pedestrian: I seek only to get some kind of description in place for each of the standard reports that are included with GnuCash. This is by way of improving the documentation set (cf. Bug 633590, which goes into the reports documentation at length) so that this basic information can be distributed to users who might benefit from knowing just what these reports might do for them. Eventually, my goal is to add a chapter in the Guide that discusses the reports that are available and how they can be used and managed. This is an area that stumps a lot of new users.

I am happy to note that, with the exception of the Budget reports (which I neither understand, nor can describe), nearly every standard report now has a basic description in the wiki. It may be time to push forward with the aforementioned bug...

Cheers,
David (T.)