how to track credit card rewards

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 01:09:20 EDT 2016

Thanks for the suggestions.

Point values certainly do change.  Even within the same plan.  One of my
reward cards has a long list of retailers that accept their points, but at
different values.  I need to have a solution that can handle that.  I do
not expect to keep a hard exchange rate to my local currency to use in net
worth reports..

I think that the exchange rate tool allows a different rate for every
transaction, but that is something I am not sure about, or whether I can
use the same fictitious 'currency' for several different accounts.

I also would like to keep each flavor of points separate because one of my
objectives is to identify which ones are more likely to accumulate enough
to trade for something I can actually use and estimate how long it might
take.  Free movie tickets at a theater in a town 50 miles away just don't
work for me, but some of them (like Discover Card points) can be used as a
partial payment on the account.

David C