layout and formatting problems with 2.6.14

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 06:22:08 EDT 2016

Fred,

Renumbering your accounts so that they match the alphabetic sequence isn’t always possible, expecially if your jurisdiction designates the codes to use.

Similarly, renaming them arbitrarily so that they sort alphabetically into a preferred order is counter-productive—unless you were intending that the OP incorporate the account code into the account name thusly: "1000 - Assets,” "2000 - Liabilities” etc. However, this approach would make the addition, deletion, and modification of account codes rather cumbersome.

The third option is the best, although this has had problems in past versions of GnuCash, specifically when the account code was the first column in the COA.

David