Easier custom reporting (maybe Lua)?

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Tue Oct 25 11:05:30 EDT 2016

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> As Derek said, nothing has been decided. That work is too far away to
> worry about it, so far away that what's available and what are the
> constraints may change dramatically before we get there.

OK, clear.

> Derek may not be actively coding on GnuCash but he's very active in a
> lot of other ways, including decision-making.

It was just a light joke…there are not so many people around, so I’m
aware about Derek’s activity. ;)

> That said, what we discussed a couple of years ago when laying out the
> roadmap for future development was a query-by-example report generator
> rather than a programming/scripting language. Very few of our users
> are programmers but almost all have some special report that they'd
> like to have and we'd like for all of them to be able to satisfy that
> need.

That would be great, indeed!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a yogī
[or mystic] when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired knowledge and