Capital Gains Documentation

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 25 21:49:22 EDT 2016

> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 14:35:14 -0700
> From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> To: "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Re: Capital Gains Documentation
>

> > On Oct 24, 2016, at 9:35 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > John,
> >
> > I think you?re right. Probably most of this content could be moved to a
new
> section just after Seliing Shares. I?ll see what I can come up with, if
you want.

> David,
>
> Actually I want to remove most of the content as being either redundant
> (depreciation, realized gains), incorrect (unrealized gains as income), or
not
> appropriate (unrealized gains in general) for GnuCash.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi John,

IINAA and it does sound strange to record unrealized gains as income, even
in an unrealized gains group.
I do think many users would like to record the unrealized gains on their
house.
Do you know how they should be recorded or can some of the accountants out
there chime in?

Regards, Chris Good