Capital Gains Documentation

DaveC49 davidcousens at
Wed Oct 26 00:22:22 EDT 2016

Hi Chris,

On the documentation of unrealised gains on private houses, one possible
treatment is to record the house as an asset with a sub account for 
Unrealised Gains. It is possibly more relevant to record the other part of
the transaction to an Equity account specifically for that purpose rather
than use an income account as any unrealised increase in value would not
really be regarded as income. Appropriate balancing transactions on sale of
the house would be required. I will document an example and post it later.

David Cousens

View this message in context:
Sent from the GnuCash - User mailing list archive at

More information about the gnucash-user mailing list